We’re in the middle of yet another scorching Birmingham, Alabama summer!
Check out these energy-saving tips to help keep the heat out and the cool in (and the money in the wallet).
- Keep up your AC unit maintenance and tuning.
- Keep furniture and other obstacles away from your air vents to allow them to blow as freely as possible.
- Keep windows and blinds closed when possible during the day. Use ceiling fans to stay a little cooler.
- Turn up your thermostat when you leave the house to save on cooling. Try setting it to around 85 when you step out the door.
- Instead of firing up the oven, try using smaller appliances like toaster ovens and microwaves.
- To make your clothes dryer more efficient, remove the lint from the filter as often as possible.
- Wash clothes in cold water as much as possible.
- Check your air filters regularly and change out as needed.
- Clean out and turn off any extra refrigerators or freezers.
- Unplug any unused electronics, appliances, and power strips.
- Set the water heater to 120 degrees.
- Air dry your dishes instead of drying them with the dishwasher.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the AC and cooling experts at Service Tech.