Have a dusty home? Want to cut down on those layers of dust that seem to appear only days after you’ve wiped them away?
Dust is not only an annoyance, it can be indicative of poor indoor air quality in your home. And, indoor air quality has been announced as one of the top environmental risks today in America by the EPA.
Read on to learn about some things that can cause all that dust keep coming back.
- One of the most important things to do is to check your filters regularly to see if they need to be replaced. If you need tips on changing air filters, check out this post.
- Check your ductwork. Ducts can get very dusty over time. They may also get cracks which will allow the dust to flow out.
- Hidden leaks in your attics and crawlspaces can also contribute to more dust in your home. Be on the lookout for these. Also, ensure you have proper insulation.
- Have a pet? Try to clean it regularly.
- Have you had your system maintained or cleaned lately?
Service Tech would be happy to assist you in your battle against dust. Contact us today for more tips, or to schedule a cleaning or maintenance.