Become a Service Tech preferred customer today and get member assurance pricing, 15% off parts and $10 off the current labor rate for all repairs, same-day service with no overtime charges, and more!
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. Contact Service Tech today to get your heating and air systems back in tip-top shape with premier equipment from brands like Bryant, Mitsubishi, Trane, and more.
Hours available each day
Years in operation
Heating & Air Customers
Services We Perform:
- Air conditioning installation
- Air conditioning repair
- Heating & furnace installation
- Heating & furnace repair
- Indoor air quality
- Air duct cleaning
- Preferred maintenance plan
Maintenance & Repair Services:
- Heating and air conditioning
- Heat pumps
- Package systems
- Gas furnaces
- Electronic air cleaners
- High efficiency media filters
- UV lights
- Commercial exhaust hoods
- Commercial coolers
- Commercial freezers
- Portable freezers and coolers
- Whole house humidifiers and dehumidifiers
We handle everything from installation of new equipment to maintenance to repair. When making decisions about your residential heating & cooling needs, comfort is only part of the equation. We can help you decide on a unit based on efficiency, price, and maintenance.
Does your A/C keep tripping your circuit breaker?
If your circuit breaker is constantly tripping, and you’ve determined the culprit is your air conditioner, you need to find out what’s going on.
The circuit breaker defends your equipment from overcurrents and prevents fires. Don’t keep resetting the breaker and walking away.
Here are some common causes for your AC unit tripping the breaker.
- The motor is having an issue. The motor in your air conditioner unit can really work overtime in the brutal Alabama summers. The motor shorting out can definitely cause a breaker trip.
- The compressor is having an issue. The compressor is the heart of your AC system. If it’s having an issue, you’ll need to get it looked at as soon as possible. It might be having trouble getting started or it might be grounded.
- Dirty air filter or outside unit. Have you had a maintenance check or cleaning lately? Also, are you keeping up with your air filter? Be sure to check it regularly. Check out Service Tech’s tips on maintaining your air filters below.
If you have questions about your AC unit, contact your friends at Service Tech today. We’d be happy to help.
“When should I change my air filter?”
Good question. Everyone is aware of the necessity to change out the air filters in their home.
But, how often does one need to?
There are several factors involved in determining the optimal time, including the following:
- Are there any smokers in the house?
- Do you have cats, dogs, or other pets?
- What is the air quality in your city?
- The type and quality of your filter
- Does anyone in the house suffer from allergies?
If your household consists of pets and/or smoker, and if your area has lots of dust and allergens, we recommend replacing your filters every 30 days.
The longest interval recommended would be 90 days for those with regular filters. Please note: specialty filters may have their own specific guidelines. Please follow those.
If you have any questions, why not reach out to the experts at Service Tech?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions!
Give us a call today at
or fill out the form in our Contact page.
Home Automation has been a big topic with homeowners lately. The demands of life pull us away from our homes, but through home automation, we can stay connected more than ever now. This is a service that we offer at Service Tech through our partnership with Trane and...read more
Studies by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have discovered that indoor air can be 2 to 5 times more polluted than the air outside. Over time, ducts can get clogged with dust, dirt, mold and debris. These irritants are blown inside whenever the furnace or air...read more
Today, many people are choosing the ductless air conditioner over other options. When it comes to the Birmingham summer months, few things will impact your life quite like the temperature. That's why keeping a home or office in Birmingham, AL cool is so important. It...read more
Follow Service Tech, Inc. to stay up-to-date on heating and cooling service specials:
Would you like to save on your heating and air conditioning maintenance and service?
Become a Service Tech preferred customer today!