Become a Service Tech preferred customer today and get member assurance pricing, 15% off parts and $10 off the current labor rate for all repairs, same-day service with no overtime charges, and more!
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. Contact Service Tech today to get your heating and air systems back in tip-top shape with premier equipment from brands like Bryant, Mitsubishi, Trane, and more.
Cooling comfort is one call away: 205-488-4714
Hours available each day
Years in operation
Heating & Air Customers
Services We Perform:
- Air conditioning installation
- Air conditioning repair
- Heating & furnace installation
- Heating & furnace repair
- Indoor air quality
- Air duct cleaning
- Preferred maintenance plan
Maintenance & Repair Services:
- Heating and air conditioning
- Heat pumps
- Package systems
- Gas furnaces
- Electronic air cleaners
- High efficiency media filters
- UV lights
- Commercial exhaust hoods
- Commercial coolers
- Commercial freezers
- Portable freezers and coolers
- Whole house humidifiers and dehumidifiers
Does your A/C keep tripping your circuit breaker?
If your circuit breaker is constantly tripping, and you’ve determined the culprit is your air conditioner, you need to find out what’s going on.
The circuit breaker defends your equipment from overcurrents and prevents fires. Don’t keep resetting the breaker and walking away.
Here are some common causes for your AC unit tripping the breaker.
- The motor is having an issue. The motor in your air conditioner unit can really work overtime in the brutal Alabama summers. The motor shorting out can definitely cause a breaker trip.
- The compressor is having an issue. The compressor is the heart of your AC system. If it’s having an issue, you’ll need to get it looked at as soon as possible. It might be having trouble getting started or it might be grounded.
- Dirty air filter or outside unit. Have you had a maintenance check or cleaning lately? Also, are you keeping up with your air filter? Be sure to check it regularly. Check out Service Tech’s tips on maintaining your air filters below.
If you have questions about your AC unit, contact your friends at Service Tech today. We’d be happy to help.
“When should I change my air filter?”
Good question. Everyone is aware of the necessity to change out the air filters in their home.
But, how often does one need to?
There are several factors involved in determining the optimal time, including the following:
- Are there any smokers in the house?
- Do you have cats, dogs, or other pets?
- What is the air quality in your city?
- The type and quality of your filter
- Does anyone in the house suffer from allergies?
If your household consists of pets and/or smoker, and if your area has lots of dust and allergens, we recommend replacing your filters every 30 days.
The longest interval recommended would be 90 days for those with regular filters. Please note: specialty filters may have their own specific guidelines. Please follow those.
If you have any questions, why not reach out to the experts at Service Tech?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions!
Give us a call today at
or fill out the form in our Contact page.
Want to save money during the hot Alabama summer?
Check out these tips on improving your home cooling efficiency.
- Check your air filters at least once a month and replace when needed. Dirty air filters will impede air flow, forcing your system to work even hard during the hot Birmingham summer months.
- Keep your blinds shut during the day to block out the sun.
- Try using your ceiling fans. Be sure to turn them off when you leave a room.
- Turn on your bathroom fan when you take a shower.
- Cut down on oven usage if you can help it.
- Use a dehumidifier. This can help reduce the indoor humidity.
- Does your home lack proper insulation? Be sure to check, especially in older homes.
- Does your home need air sealing? Don’t let the hot air in and the cool air out!
- Have regular maintenance performed on your air conditioner. Ask about Service Tech’s maintenance program and our preferred customer club.
- Turn up the thermostat to about 78 degrees when you’ll be away from the house for a while. You can also install a programmable thermostat – ask the experts at Service Tech for details!
It’s that time of the year again.
Winter is but a memory, and we’re heading into the warmth of Spring. Before you know it, we’ll be sweating in the Southern summer heat.
Make sure your AC systems are prepared and in tip-top shape BEFORE the heat comes.
A dose of prevention goes a long way. Much like auto maintenance (changing oil/air filters, checking brakes and tire pressure), you need to keep up a regime of routine maintenance for your system for optimal performance… and less break downs and issues when you need your system most!
Service Tech is here to help! Our experienced techs can both provide maintenance and repair your system’s ailments ahead of (and during) the hot months.
Keep in mind we carry and service the finest brands (like Bryant, Mitsubishi, and Trane), but we also have the ability to service and maintain all brands and models.
Our maintenance service includes:
- Clean dirt, leaves, and debris from inside the outdoor unit cabinet
- Inspect outdoor coil and cabinet and clean as necessary
- Inspect fan motor and blades, lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls, along with wiring and connections
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Inspect indoor coil,drain pan,and condensate drain lines
- Inspect blower assembly, fan belt, and motor
- Inspect air flow
- Inspect or replace filter
- Check system for correct refrigerant charge
- Check amp draws
- Check duct work
- Monitor startup capabilities and cycling of system before departure
Ready for maintenance? Not sure what you need? Have an emergency that needs attention now?
Give us a call today or head to our Contact page.
Also, be sure to check out our latest money-saving deals and coupons.
Customer Testimonial: I am taking this opportunity to express my most sincere appreciation to EVERYONE at Service Tech!I am taking this opportunity to express my most sincere appreciation to EVERYONE at Service Tech! Your expertise, service, and products are all second-to-none, top-of-the-line, and nothing short of SUPERIOR! We’re most grateful for your “rapid... read more
Follow Service Tech, Inc. to stay up-to-date on heating and cooling service specials: