Comfort is one call away: 205-488-4714
Hours available each day
Years in operation
Heating & Air Customers
Services We Perform:
- Air conditioning installation
- Air conditioning repair
- Heating & furnace installation
- Heating & furnace repair
- Indoor air quality
- Air duct cleaning
- Preferred maintenance plan
Maintenance & Repair Services:
- Heating and air conditioning
- Heat pumps
- Package systems
- Gas furnaces
- Electronic air cleaners
- High efficiency media filters
- UV lights
- Commercial exhaust hoods
- Commercial coolers
- Commercial freezers
- Portable freezers and coolers
- Whole house humidifiers and dehumidifiers
“When should I change my air filter?”
Good question. Everyone is aware of the necessity to change out the air filters in their home.
But, how often does one need to?
There are several factors involved in determining the optimal time, including the following:
- Are there any smokers in the house?
- Do you have cats, dogs, or other pets?
- What is the air quality in your city?
- The type and quality of your filter
- Does anyone in the house suffer from allergies?
If your household consists of pets and/or smoker, and if your area has lots of dust and allergens, we recommend replacing your filters every 30 days.
The longest interval recommended would be 90 days for those with regular filters. Please note: specialty filters may have their own specific guidelines. Please follow those.
If you have any questions, why not reach out to the experts at Service Tech?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions!
Give us a call today at
or fill out the form in our Contact page.
It’s that time of the year again.
Winter is but a memory, and we’re heading into the warmth of Spring. Before you know it, we’ll be sweating in the Southern summer heat.
Make sure your AC systems are prepared and in tip-top shape BEFORE the heat comes.
A dose of prevention goes a long way. Much like auto maintenance (changing oil/air filters, checking brakes and tire pressure), you need to keep up a regime of routine maintenance for your system for optimal performance… and less break downs and issues when you need your system most!
Service Tech is here to help! Our experienced techs can both provide maintenance and repair your system’s ailments ahead of (and during) the hot months.
Keep in mind we carry and service the finest brands (like Bryant, Mitsubishi, and Trane), but we also have the ability to service and maintain all brands and models.
Our maintenance service includes:
- Clean dirt, leaves, and debris from inside the outdoor unit cabinet
- Inspect outdoor coil and cabinet and clean as necessary
- Inspect fan motor and blades, lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls, along with wiring and connections
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Inspect indoor coil,drain pan,and condensate drain lines
- Inspect blower assembly, fan belt, and motor
- Inspect air flow
- Inspect or replace filter
- Check system for correct refrigerant charge
- Check amp draws
- Check duct work
- Monitor startup capabilities and cycling of system before departure
Ready for maintenance? Not sure what you need? Have an emergency that needs attention now?
Give us a call today or head to our Contact page.
Also, be sure to check out our latest money-saving deals and coupons.
Follow Service Tech, Inc. to stay up-to-date on heating and air specials: