The EPA has determined that indoor air pollution is five times worse than the outside air. This means that people in their homes and offices face significant health risk from airborne contaminants such as viruses, mold, bacteria, VOC’s and other airborne particulates. Are you concerned about whether your home is adequately protected?
Most people do not have protection in place to control or prevent this polluted air. It has been shown that theses mold, allergens, bacteria, and viruses all cause people a significant risk of getting sick in homes when not properly protected. However there are several products available for your heating and cooling system to significantly reduce these risk. Our top of the line products can and will reduce viruses, mold, bacteria, and allergens up to 98%. There are products available that rid your home of 98% of allergens, mold, bacteria, and viruses.
1. TRANE CLEANEFFECTS: Setting the standard in air quality, the Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner uses revolutionary technology that supplies your home with a cleaner, healthier environment. Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner removes up to 99.98% of airborne particles – including those as small as .1 micron, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1-inch filter.
Asthma & allergy friendly™ Certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
With more than 60 million Americans suffering from asthma, colds, viruses and allergies, this certification mark guides consumers in identifying products more suitable for people with asthma and allergies. The asthma & allergy friendly® Certification Mark is awarded only to those products that that are scientifically proven to reduce exposure to asthma and allergy, mold, bacteria, colds, and viruses.
Standard air cleaners have filters that are very dense, so they stop the dust by trapping it in a slightly porous filter. The fewer the pores, the more dust it can trap. However, this not only stops the dust and dirt, but it also stops the air from moving as well. So, you may not be as comfortable, and less air is cleaned efficiently. This is called pressure drop. The revolutionary Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner has the lowest pressure drop with the highest efficiency possible.
Small particles, large effects
Particles like viruses dust, smoke and bacteria are often .3 microns or less. At that size, particulates can get deep into your lungs because they aren’t filtered well by your nose and throat. Trane CleanEffects™, can reduce the presence of potential asthma and allergy attack triggers in your home, like dust, pollen, pet hair and dander, dust mites, mildew, lint, fungus, most tobacco smoke, cooking grease, and even bacteria.
The Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner utilizes patented, breakthrough air cleaning technology to remove up to an astounding 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter. It catches particles as small as .1 micron, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1-inch filter.
2. iWave: is an air purifying device that installs in any duct air conditioning system. When air passes over the iWave, ions produced by the device reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, bacteria, viruses, smoke and odors in the air, creating a healthy environment without producing any harmful byproducts. iWave uses patented technology, called needle-point bi-polar ionization, to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions. When these ions are injected into the air stream, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor
When the ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules – without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die. The ions also attach to allergens like pollen and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by your ventilation system’s air filter.
iWave’s technology generates the same ions that nature creates with lightening, waterfalls, ocean waves, etc. Nature uses energy and shear to break apart molecules, naturally cleaning the air and producing a healthy environment. The only difference between the iWave’s technology and nature is that the iWave does it without developing harmful ozone.
You’ll find iWave’s advanced technology provides the most effective air purification method. Other common air purification technologies require ongoing maintenance with bulb/cell replacement every year or two, making the cost of ownership undesirable.
iWave air purifiers have no harmful byproducts, and most models require no ongoing maintenance and have no replacement parts. In fact, with the iWave-R’s patent-pending self-cleaning design, you can enjoy years of maintenance-free performance.
Nu-Calgon offers a three-year limited warranty on iWave products.
3. MERV filters: Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) is a standard that rates the overall effectiveness of air filters. Higher value MERV rating equates to finer filtration, meaning fewer dust particles and other airborne contaminants can pass through the filter. The scale “represents a quantum leap in the precision and accuracy of air-cleaner ratings” and allows for improved health, reduced cost and energy efficiency. MERV scale ratings go as following:
MERV 1-4 filters is the size of your typical 1 inch filter that you find in you’re a/c unit. These filters are capable of pulling out and removing particles the size of 10 micrometers (microns). To put that into perspective you can put 1000 microns on the head of a pin. They can pull out pollen, dust mites, cockroach debris, sanding dust, spray paint dust, textile fibers, and carpet fibers. As you move up the scale to the MERV 5-8 filters they can pull out particles as small 3 0 microns. They can pull out mold spores, dust mite debris, cat and dog dander, hair spray, fabric protector, dusting aids, pudding mix. Your MERV 11 filters which is satisfactory in most homes are capable of pulling out particles the size of 1 micron. This includes lead dust, milled flour, auto emission, mold spores, and larger bacteria particulate. The top rated MERV 16 filters pull out particles a third of a micron this will include bacteria’s, molds, viruses, human secretions, smoke, and insecticides. Beyond the MERV filter you can use high efficiency particulates air filters known as HEPA filters. HEPA filters are required to pull out 99.97% 0.3 microns and larger. These filters are often used in hospital and surgical centers. They tend to be impractical and less cost effective in residential applications, but are available in situations where someone has high sensitivity to particulates
When making a decision about which filtration system is best for your home take into consideration your sensitivity, and your family’s to mold, viruses, bacteria, allergens and other VOC’s. Also remember with any filtration system it is very important that you keep the filters changed on a schedule depending on the filter.
4. UV technology: The oldest and one of the very latest technologies used to disinfect fluids, viruses, molds, allergens, and bacteria. The method is based on the natural disinfectant action of the sun’s rays. UV lamps imitate the disinfecting rays of the sun. The UV protons penetrate the cells of the particulate within the air to render viruses, mold, allergens, bacteria, and other microorganism harmless. UV devices within your heating and air system creates an inhospitable environment for these microorganisms. There are two types of UV systems available.
• Blue-Tube UV is the single most popular germicidal UV light product for HVAC systems in the world. Home owners breathe easy knowing that the air their family breathes is protected by this proven UV technology. Blue-Tube UV is the simple, safe, and effective way to keep your air system clean and improve indoor air quality. Blue –Tube light itself fits into your system at the coil location killing microorganisms as the air passes over the coil into the duct system preventing organisms from getting into the air that you breathe. The Blue Tube coupled with a proper filtration system will keep the air that you breathe consistently clean and fresh. As with filters it is extremely important to change out your bulbs on the proper schedule.
• APCO UV: Ultraviolet (UV) light technology enables you to have whole-house air treatment energy, like the sun, to improve your homes indoor air quality. APCO products feature a unique combination of UV light and activated carbon which achieves unmatched microbial and odor reductions without producing any harmful ozone. Including molds, bacteria’s, viruses, allergens and other VOC’s. The APCO system is installed in your central air system and it continually removes airborne contaminants, molds, viruses, allergens, and VOC’s. The UV light reacts with the titanium dioxide to neutralize. The result is clean odor free air throughout the home. The APCO is effective against chemical smells mold spores, cooking smells, germs, viruses, tobacco smoke, pet odors, and other VOC’s.
Contact Service Tech, Inc. if any of these products interest you and your family’s needs. We want to help ensure that you have the best indoor air quality possible. When trying to determine which indoor air quality product to use for your home many different factors need to be considered. Such as you and your family’s sensitivity levels, the products compatibility with your heating and air condition system. The cost and effectiveness of the product when making these decisions it is important to research the products and have a professional determine which products are compatible with your system.